Monday, October 21, 2013

Gene Turns 2!

My beautiful baby boy is 2 years old!

It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating his first birthday.  Wasn't he just born last month?

I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of Mike singing 'Happy Birthday' to Gene before we started our day.

It was a busy one.  


We started our morning with family pictures, which is always fun with a toddler.  It was only a 30 minute mini-session, so tears were minimal.

Late in the morning we had a little birthday party at our house with a few friends, my dad, and my brother.  Gene had a blast.  He wasn't interested in opening his gifts once the first one was open.  Instead he wanted to stop and play with his new toys.  


After nap time we went out to his favorite BBQ place for dinner.  He was in heaven.  I'm sure the other diners got a kick out of hearing him say 'Yummy' after every bite.  

We ended his birthday with his very first ice cream cone.  That was the plan anyway.  We showed him how to lick the cone, but he wasn't interested.  Instead we had to get a spoon out and feed it to him that way.  Such a silly kid!


It's hard to believe that we brought him home from the hospital two years ago today.  Our lives have been so blessed because of him!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how big he has gotten! He has boy face now, not baby face. You are also making me look bad for not blogging about TFM's birthday yet since I don't have a newborn as an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He turned into a big kid seemingly overnight! I'm pretty sure it happened the night I was in the hospital. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply to as many as I can. Thanks for stopping by!