Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chop, Chop!

If you've ever had a baby, you know how much fun life is as your hormones go back to normal.  About two months after I give birth, my hair starts falling out.  I'm not talking a few extra hairs either.  I'm talking gobs and gobs of hair.  Clog the shower drain and ruin your vacuum shedding.

I had short hair when I had Gene, so while the shedding was annoying, it was tolerable.  This time, though, I had long hair.  About a month ago it started falling out.  When I'd take my ponytail out at the end of the day, the section just above the hair elastic would be matted where all of the hair that had fallen out was caught.  Brushing my hair was an absolute nightmare.

This week I decided I'd had enough and went in for a trim and this is what happened:


Okay, okay, so I got more than a trim.  My hair went down to my natural waist, so this is quite a big change.  I was tempted to get a pixie cut, but 1) I'm not that brave and 2) I didn't want to deal with the awkward Justin Bieber hair phase as it grew out.  This is plenty short.  In fact, it's so short I can't put it in a ponytail.  If you know me, this is a big deal.  I love pulling my hair back.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  I very rarely leave a salon liking a haircut.  We'll see how I feel in a couple of days!

1 comment:

  1. After Chris was born I had my hair cut short also. It was a drastic change. That is cute though. What does Michael think?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply to as many as I can. Thanks for stopping by!